I wear Keen Newport sandals - I have a pair in leather and a pair with the
nylon straps (I think it's the Newport H2 model). I like these for
cycling/adventuring because they have good toe protection, can be adjusted
fairly easily for fit, and they have a decent tread for hiking when
cycling-based adventures turn into a different type of foot power.

I've worn the leather and the nylon ones in a few rivers and streams and
they both dry out just fine and I've appreciated the stable footing and the
ability to snug them down so that they won't get pulled off my feet. On the
downside, they are bit clunky and heavy - it's not noticeable on the bike,
but in comparison to many other sandals that trend toward minimalistic
designs, these are a bit hefty.

I wear them year round in the DC metro area - when it gets cold, they get
paired up with wool socks of varying thickness as appropriate, and being
that they are a bit closed compared to other sandals, they pair fairly well
with socks.

-Jeff
Silver Spring, MD

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/CALvoVJbF_3BXuNui1kLgtqWbQAt0UHew-CwDzvZz%2BrdkEkzSfw%40mail.gmail.com.