Quite seriously, I don't want to step on Garth's or any one else's toes,
but I'm 175 lb and I ran 50 mm tires, and paper thin ones at that (Furious
Freds, 360 grams each) at 20 psi on dirt, sub 30 on pavement. 60s if stiff
sidewalled Big Apples at 16-17 dirt and about 21 pavement, supple ones
18-20 dirt, 25-6 pavement (generally, I just leave them at the lower
pressure unless I take an extended pavement ride). I just found that when I
pump my 28 mm Compass extralights rock hard, the digital gauge reads 51
psi; should run them at 45. I put 80 f/90 rear in supple 22 mm tires. All
this often includes freight loads up to 40 lbs.

Don't overfill! Pinch flats -- I *never* get pinch flats for some reason --
can be avoided by being just a very little bit careful.