I commute in a construction worker style safety vest bright yellow with big
reflective silver stripes. Try to find one with a good zipper, not velcro
closures. These come in a variety of weights, including mesh. Google
construction safety vest and you'll get a million different options and price
ranges.

I also have a dayglow yellow  pants band, again with reflective silver. And I
use the orange and yellow safety triangle. Also run a dyno headlight set up,
and/or a Cygo-lite with a flashing daylight LED mode (I never use the flash
mode at night.) I imagine I can tell a difference in the willingness of cars to
pull out in front of me when I have the light versus when I don't.