Just a quick update for everyone.

I mounted an Ursus Jumbo Double Leg Kickstand on the Mixte and so far it
works extremely well.

I've also ordered the Hamax Caress Rear Child Bike Seat (for rack), which
arrives tomorrow, and am looking forward to it. The only bummer is that he
isn't as close to me as I would like... it's so nice when we are right up
in the cockpit viewing the world together.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The reason I went with the Hamax Caress Rear Child Bike Seat is because:

1) It is more traditional looking -- I think traffic respects people with
child seats and want to provide the most well-known example to drivers.

2) In the event of a fall, it provides more coverage - protecting precious
cargo. The Yepp Minis look as though the passenger is more vulnerable.

3) It was amongst the most highly rated; and one reputable website with
experienced real-world riders placed it above the Yepp.

Are there other logistics I should be aware of? Do I need to get a pool
noodle and secure it to the bike seat to ensure cars give me 3 feet?

Also, thank you all for the generous offers to send me stuff and also for
the wonderful guidance.

As the little one matures, I am looking forward to going on more adventures
together. So far, he loves riding with me on the bicycle. I think it's his
favorite thing to do :)

Amit