Patrick:  "I agree that what works for one person or one race may not be
the same for another."

My mother is 99 and still healthy and mentally sharp; she still lives in
the house she was born in.  Her diet is poor, heavy on starchy sweets -
sometimes when I visit we both have nothing but pie and ice cream for
dinner.  She has never done anything to actively cultivate good health.
She scoffs at organic food, drinks quite a bit of wine, is suspicious of
doctors, rarely exercises.  She is and always has been thin though, and
never overeats.   What's to account for her long healthy life?  I think
nothing but good Irish genes, and possibly staying thin?  I don't know.
Certainly not any specific type of diet or exercise.  Just a data point.

Jack
Seattle