yes, if you start with a Rivendell with 1" threaded then there's more stuff
to buy.  My Specialized was already 9/8" threadless and already had a front
brake, so I wouldn't have needed a stem, brake or headset.  My $24 Huge
Wald line item was the bigger one Rivendell sells.  If I really did a Crust
fork I might just bolt a leather barcalounger to it.  Or a keg.

BL