The custom sounds amazing!  I have pondered why the Compass/RH centerpulls
aren't used on any of the caliper-brake Rivendells. I understand the desire
to avoid rare / single source parts but the R Herse brakes are truly the
best of all worlds, unless you're heavily loaded / riding a tandem.

My dream custom would definitely also use RH centerpulls. I can't wait to
see this bike!