I have Jitensha bars on my Rosco Bubbe Road.  I used it as a commute bike,
which I often do 14 miles each way.  I've put over 1000 miles on the bike,
most of it in that Jitensha bar configuration.  The bike is still
configured that way but now it lives "upstairs" in Gold Country, where I
use it for errands in town.

I'm way too accustomed to drop bars to seriously consider doing a brevet or
other long day with Jitensha bars.  Maybe on a bet or similar challenge.  I
imagine it could work.

Bill Lindsay
Arnold, CA