Lots of good replies, but my opinion based on some similar paint and clear
coat repairs to other Rivendells:

*Before* considering sand paper, *definitely try scratch removal compound.
Specifically, Meguiar's Ultimate Compound. *It's $10 at Walmart, AutoZone,
or O'Reilly's ... or free if you swing by my place in Napa, I'll just give
you a bigger dollop than you need or try to fix the scratch with you in my
garage. Utlimate Compound is fantastic for your situation, you can work it
by hand until you get the result you're after and it is nearly impossible
to damage your paint with them when working them by hand. You could follow
up with Ultimate Polish but it's probably unnecessary, the Ultimate
Compound is your fix. There are others, Scratch-X comes to mind. I would
not suggest a more aggressive compound (like Turtles) because they can
leave visible swirls in a gloss finish.

If that doesn't fix these scratches, though I'm confident it would, you
could use a tiny brush to add some Testor's enamel paint, let it mostly dry
for an hour or so, then smooth the surface level to the original paint
using some denatured alcohol on a cloth to gently remove the fresh paint
until it's smooth. This is usually only needed if the scratch goes below
the paint to the metal. On black it would work very well and I'd be
surprised if anyone could tell unless they know where to look and are less
than 12" away when looking. Again, if you bring the paint I would happily
do this for you.

Auto detailing is my side hustle ... with the only issue being that I never
charge anyone for it because I only work on friend's cars from my garage.
I'd be happy to help with your Sam (mine is a blue 56cm double tt) if you
happen to be in the SF Bay Area.

Alternatively, Grant says nail polish with a different color or just let it
stay and call it beusage.

Abe