John:

Sorry for jumping into this a bit late, but I’ll just add that the mechanics I
have spoken to about slipping seatposts would *never* recommend friction paste.
If your post is slipping, there is something going on that shouldn’t be “fixed”
with friction paste. That’s like putting a band-aid on a broken arm.

When I had this problem on a bike recently (Soma Saga), the fix involved
removing a tiny amount of excess material on the inside of the seat cluster
that was preventing the seat post from being properly gripped. A few minutes
with a file fixed the problem.

--Eric N