I believe one **possible source** of this issue **IS** the Nitto cable
hanger itself --

On many Riv frames it fits "just fine" between the ears of the seatlug
-- but, on some, when you tighten down the post -- it actually catches
between the ears and cams the tube back open just enough to cause the
seatpost to slip.

I agree that while canti frames should include an integrated cable
stop, the rise of V-brakes makes the proper design treatment
ambiguous!

=- Joe Bunik
Walnut Creek, CA