From: jwlou...@gmail.com
Sent: February 23, 2020 9:52 PM
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [RBW] Re: Walking boots -- not entirely unrelated to cycling

Patrick, a site I trust is switchbacktravel.com.  They review all kinds of
hiking gear, and I’ve bought boots, backpacks, and rain gear largely on their
recommendation.  On light hikers, I currently have two they recommended,
Merrell Moab and Altra Lone Peak, both great shoes IMO for different purposes.
They are modern non-leather construction so maybe not for you.  I fully agree
with others that ankle support isn’t normally needed and may be a hindrance.  I
would add that the ubiquitous  Gore-Tex linings have their place but I don’t
care for them as they aren’t effective for very long (maybe a year of steady
use) but will make your feet sweat as long as you own them.   I live in a rainy
climate but vastly prefer ventilated boots for much of my hiking.

Jack - Seattle

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/d6ea6013-af0b-41e1-926d-407172afc82d%40googlegroups.com.