Two points without digging through all this again:

1. Although I personally never said otherwise, I still want to add that - as a
customer myself - I don't think Riv customs are overpriced. They're designed by
a guy who's been doing this a long time, built by a trusted builder who's
brazed a lot of frames, and painted by the best in the business.

Yes you can find a cheaper custom builder, but I think some folks get googley
eyes over the phrase "hand built" and just assume everyone doing that job is
super great at it and all customs are equal quality. This seems unrealistic to
me.

2. I'm not sure where employee pricing crept into this discussion. Vaughn
hasn't worked there in, what, 10 years? If $3300 was 'at cost' at the time of
this build then I presume he paid the $3500 buy-in that was available until
recently (it's $4000 now). My understanding is there isn't much of an employee
discount on ANY Riv frame, and I'm confused how this entered the thread. I'm
sure Vaughn paid full pop, and the buyer of that "mistake" frame paid pretty
close.

That is all. It's Sunday, let's ride!
Joe Bernard