After I finish my weekend shifts I'll send you a copy of the fender
installation instructions Rene Herse (nee Compass Cycles) put together with
Peter Weigle.

Bicycle mechanics is a lot like learning anatomy and physiology; structure
and function. If you can determine one, you can surmise the other. Trying
to learn "The 175 Steps of Bicycle Fender Installation" is a mindlessly bad
pattern that much education seems to copy, when seeing the situation,
getting your hands on things and observing the results (sounds familiar to
other processes) really plugs this task into your mind. With it you are
able to overcome variables and apply your skills as situations evolve and
obsolete that list of 175 steps.

Off into the new world today, not sure what's coming next, but not my first
round of plans changing on the fly.

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh