One of the few Rivs I've never owned or tried is Sam Hillborne. Its direct
predecessor was the Bleriot, which was the first Taiwan version of the
Toyo/MUSA Saluki/AHH. I've owned all of those, they all had road calipers and I
consider them road/country bikes.

BUT, Sam has come at various times with calipers or cantis/v-brakes, and in
different ST-to-TT configurations. So why am I even trying to answer this if I
haven't ridden any of them? For background, yon Rivsters. I consider the
Cheviot in the group of road/country bikes I've owned, and they have a
relationship to at least the road caliper version of the Hillborne, the MIT
bike which replaced the Bleriot.