Some of these lighter but more "expensive" things can be had more cheaply
with some astute shopping. That's part of the reason these online groups
are helpful as we can swap and upgrade to good used parts and sometimes get
good intel on sale of new parts!

For example, these 650b Schwalbe Thunder Burts tires are now only $29 per
at Universal
<https://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=84410&gclid=CjwKCAjw7LX0BRBiEiwA__gNw7pDUXuxBujkDPb-KpsZzHY9MfZagg8_1_sY92mzlcorXUMG5QO6yxoCCn8QAvD_BwE>.

Were you using 50mm Big Ben? If you can fit Thunder Burts, you will shave 2
lbs off just by changing out the tires. Not only that, these Burts are
"supple" and great for mixed terrain riding also, and are known to roll
well even on pavement.

What James is doing with Roberta's bike is exactly how I would go about it
if I were try to shave weight off my own bike.

Franklyn