Can someone confirm my suspicion that the Kaisai hubs Riv is selling are just
rebadged SP's?

If they are, SP/Kaisai are significantly lighter and more efficient than
Shimano DN-3N7x or 3N80 dynamos. They are pretty close to Schimdt SON hubs in
terms of weight and efficiency but are about half the price. SON hubs have some
advantages:

1. SON produces a wide body version that makes wheel build stronger because
they ate less dished.
2. SON has a version. That allows you to have wires built into your fork legs
and therefore looks like there is no wire sticking out from the hub
3. SON hubs can rotate in either directions so the electrode can be either on
the drive or line-drive side to allow flexibility I options in where you want
to mount your lamp.
4. SON hubs have this nifty pressurized hub chamber to prevent moisture from
building up.

That being said, these benefits are marginal for my use cases so all but one of
my and my wife's dynamo set ups (and we have 7 bikes between the two of us that
have dynamos) use SP hubs.

Franklyn