I agree with Eric and with most of the comments in response about the value
of the local bags. It's great that the market meets so many needs. What I
have issue with is the contradiction between wanting to widen the scope of
biking past the stereotypes (roadie, etc) but then pushing marketing/style
that effectively excludes those that either can't afford top shelf or that
enjoy riding but just aren't *obsessed* with bikes and bike stuff. When do
we invite the basic family bike shop Wald/Jandd/cheaper yet folks to the
groovy Instagram party?

I don't expect manufacturers to not market their products, but being
inclusive as a community might mean we don't need all our stuff to be
exclusive.

Carl, Columbia, CA