I ran Babyshoe Pass tires on Pacenti Brevet wheels for couple of months -
on my road bike that has Reynolds 631 tubing.  The ride was dreamy. I kept
thinking there is no going back to inner tubes.  Then one day the rear tire
suddently deflated 100% in a second while I was riding on a city street.  I
nearly crashed.  Thankfully I was going under 15mph.  The very thought of
this type of incident occurring while riding downhill or down a ramp at
30mph scared me.  The sidewall had a cut.  I removed tire, wiped wheels and
tires off the orange goo, put a piece of gorilla tape from inside at the
spot of the cut and went back to inner tubes.  I miss that awesome cushy
ride, but the classic setup just makes me feel safer.

As for the seating the tires, I could get Babyshoe Passes to pop with an
old cheap walmart pump I have, as the air volume needed is not much.   When
I (for a brief period) converted my MIT Atlantis setup to tubeless (2.3″
Rat Trap Pass tires/Cliffhangers), I went for one of these
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BJ4MXQY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1