Thoughts on "shifting" a single speed/fixed. The only reason to do this
I've encountered, in broadest terms, is mountains and trails or roads that
may as well be trails. I've done century rides on my QB on roads in the
mountains that never needed the lower gear. But ride in high gear to the
trail head a few miles away and riding the trail is walking the trail
unless I shift. It takes less than a minute. Fenders are a non-issue if
using a Dingle or Dos, but make the process a frustrating one for flip/flop.

With abandon,
Patrick