I have never actually used the MUSA shorts from Riv but I liked the look and
searched for something similar. What I have been using are some hybrid board
shorts I found at target. They are not gusseted however they are very thin and
light. Dry quickly and have the mesh pockets. I have been using them at the
beach as well as all kinds of rides since I got them and love them.

They are fairly cheap compared to riding style shorts too. I believe I found
them on sale, so bonus if you can wait them out!