I would like to add another data point of using an Atlantis as a
touring bike.

I'm not disagreeing with Dave at all.  I'm a different physique of
rider.
146 lbs, 89cm PBH, I would say I'm very fit but NOT powerful and
generally climb seated.

I also ride a 64cm Atlantis with a similar set up (same tires, bars
etc...) and tour with panniers.  I'm not a minimalist but don't carry
excessive amounts of gear either.

I think the Atlantis handles very well fully loaded and can not detect
any flexibility (everything is flexible, but I can't detect it in this
case).  I have ridden flexible bicycles in the past, an Alan
aluminum...now that thing would be really bad with a load!

I can easily see how a Bombadil may better suit a more powerful rider.

Again, I'm not disagreeing with Dave, just wanted to get the
perspective of a smaller rider out there.

Angus