1. There should be a shim inside the threadless 1-1/8 stem to step it doej to
the steering mast, every BF I've owned came that way.

2. The "kickstand" is similar to Brompton if you put the BF rack on, the bike
will park on it (disclaimer: I've seen this, my BFs didn't have racks). That
rack is 'normal bike' height to facilitate using touring panniers, the low rack
on Bromptons is basically useless for anything but a trunk bag and being a
kickstand.

3. You'll need to determine if the bottom bracket is Octalink/ISIS "pipe style"
or outboard bearings. If you post pics of the cranks we'll probably be able to
sort that out.

4. 1x is great for a folder, lots of Bike Fridays are set up that way.

5. See 2