I run 1*8 on my e-Friday. A 1*10 is probably how I'd set up a bike if I was
building a Friday for myself today.

BTW, since SRAM discontinued the 3*9 hubs (successors to the 3*8 and the old
Sachs 3*7) keeping those old systems running is becoming more and more an
exercise in grave robbing. Kind of like at the end of the space shuttle program
when NASA had to grab a part from the Enterprise (which they'd donated to the
Smithsonian) to make one of the last shuttle flights happen.

As for Bike Friday's horrible website, I was just commenting today that our
company slogan should be:

  Bike Friday: We build bikes, not websites.

Kent Peterson
eBike mechanic at Bike Friday in beautiful Eugene, Oregon