I don't use bar end grips as I prefer as much usable bar space free as
possible. On a Alba bar that is large range from bar end up to and over the
curve, as I have bar end brake levers for unadulterated movement.. I use
something like Cinelli Cork bar tape or any brand of similar. Sure it's not
actually cork, but whatever it is it feels just right to me, never hot or
cold, never too hard or soft, doesn't absorb water and you can double wrap
it if you like. It's just a roll , you can wrap as much or little as you
like and cut it, You're not limited by any certain size of grip. It's a
breeze to roll back off as it is to roll back on.