Pretty bike.

Couple thoughts and observations:

1.  Re: Creaking: More than likely your Brooks.  If not, if it's
creaking under pedal [i.e. pedaling out of saddle or in saddle up
hills, lots of pushing on pedals... ] BB or BB cups.
If you built the bike up yourself, did you use lots of grease while
doing so?  If so, good... if not, rebuild time.  In either case, go
around the bike and 're-snug' everything you can find.

2.  Why worry or care about folks noticing your bike... it's your
bike.  Enjoy it.

3.  Go out and get it dirty, a bike deserves some dirt and crud.  It
keeps them happy.

-Scott