Thomas Lynn Skean wrote:

Hi, all. I seek counsel. <snip> My problem is that I haven't gotten more
than 1000 miles on any rear
wheel without complete failure

-------
Thomas,

I¹ve weighed 220-260 lbs, and I¹ve logged 5,000 miles a year when I rode my
bike to work. I¹ve never had the degree of trouble you describe, even with
OEM wheels, but these days I ride wheels built by Rich Lesnik at Rivendell,
and by Peter White.

You don¹t mention your wheel builder, but I think that¹s the critical
factor. Appropriate components are not enough; wheels must be assembled by
skilled hands. In your shoes, I would call Rich or Peter. There are other
good wheel builders out there, but I¹m positive either of those can guide
you to the right wheels for your Sam and its rider.

--
Jon ³Papa² Grant
Austin, Texas