Steven, the list members seem to have a hard time following instructions.
Don't build your own wheels.

I have built two sets of wheels using the bikes as truing stands with blue
masking tape across the seat stays/fork as a guide. Make sharpie marks on
the tape as needed, and flip the wheels. I also used YouTube, an online
spoke length calculator, a Phillips bit with one set of the fins ground
off, a cordless drill, and a spoke wrench. Any competent professional could
tell you my wheels suck, and building would certainly go faster with better
tools and training. I've used them for five years without problems beyond
the occasional truing that all wheels need. If you're planning on extended
touring, have more money than time and aptitude, or are a bike abuser have
a pro make some bombproof wheels.

Carl