Yes! Rich is my hero and he builds all my wheels now, but back in the day I
read Jobst Brandt and built 2 wheelsets and an additional front dyno
wheel.  Hard to go wrong with a front wheel, so I say definitely go for it.
I went to my LBS and asked them to use their spoke calculator and they
bought me my spokes for the build.

Toshi in Oakland