The Riv model is hard to explain to non bike nerds. I made a half -hearted
effort at convincing my wife to let me replace my Jamis Aurora frame with a
Sam when they were about to go live and she said something to the effect of
“Why not just wait and make sure we don’t need this $1500 for something
else?” Riv sold out while we were talking and the re-stock for Sams wont
come for another couple years. I may not ask next time!