Bikes are mostly out of stock everywhere. Riv is lucky to be getting semi
regular production runs shipped to them.

Still hard to find many parts, too.

Not sure what forum or thread, but I pointed out that Rivendell's business
model has been going this way--batch shipments of a single model, sell them
off, in comes the next batch--for a while. This is helped by the dealer
network, whereas a while back it was almost all web. Now I imagine Blue Lug
takes 25% right off the top, then the rest, then Riv.

More and more small production run companies are doing this; a good example
is Acorn Bags.  They announce an upcoming release, and most everything is
sold through within a few hours of going live. My local brewery does the
same thing with their beers. You sell the stuff that doesn't cost a fortune
to sit on in the warehouse--parts, clothes, the odd frame here and
there--while you wait for the next container ship. Keeps better tabs on
your capital outlays, too. From outside appearances, it seems to be working
okay. I hope it is.