Have you been to your LBS recently? This is definitely not exclusive to
Rivendell. At least here in PDX the demand continues to exceed supply, and
the small repair shop I fill in for has been chronically unable to get
basic parts from QBP since early summer.
I've sold more bikes on CL, more quickly, with less dickering in the past 4
months than I did in the previous 5 years. I'm gad Rivendell is benefiting
from that pent up demand. I checked a couple days ago and the only new Sams
left are Dark Gold sz 48, which means they basically sold out their 100
(+?) in less than a week, with several in smaller sizes going to Blue Lug
right off the top.

I'm currently taking a Traffic and Transportation (Zoom) class at Portland
State through their School of Urban Planning. We've had guest speakers
every week who are deeply embedded in transportation policy, and Covid 19
has been a real Litmus test of community resiliency and issues of
transportation equity. (BLM ties in here as well as Biking While Black is a
real thing). Much of our discussions are what is this all going to look
like, post-pandemic. Everyone expects bikes to remain big; we're not going
to return to to planning that prioritizes Single Occupancy Vehicles and
petroleum.

Mike M