Thanks everyone, there are some great ideas in this thread. The Brooklyn
bikes and Handsome cycles seem like a step up in quality (from afar,
anyway) from my old Linus, but are really reasonable. The Pashley certainly
seems, as noted, like the most Rivendell equivalent of the bunch, short of
a clever adaptation of an existing Riv like Jason's Clem and John G's
Quickbeam. Or I could take a machine gun to the budget and go full custom
like Patrick. Or, or, I could look vintage, which has the advantage of
really keeping me busy, and the disadvantage of older standards that I'm
not as comfortable working on. So many decisions!

Shawn, if I show up to a three speed event on a five speed, am I instantly
persona non grata? (I've been exploring the Sturmey catalogue).

John G, could you say a bit more about the non rotation chain tugs? I think
the only other 3 speeded quickbeam I've seen did not use those. Were they
designed to prevent twisting of the hub inside the dropout?

Again, thank you all!

Brett