I didn't mean to make personal comments directed at the OP, I was
trying to direct them at his post.  I commented because I felt that
the post seemed out of character for this list.  It's one thing to say
one had to put aside a great project for a couple of years because of
family and work, and then comment on how excellent it is to finally be
putting it together.  I would have celebrated that!  I also think that
if you have ten Rivs this is the place to show them off.  I was put
off by the idea that one actually forgets a bike like that in the
basement, and that the OP needed to make that clear to the rest of
us.  Many of whom I assume are like me and only get to build a bike
like that once a decade.

As I said before, this list is about expensive bicycles so that is
what we should talk about.  But I also think many people also read
this list to dream, as motivation for saving, or even for ideas on how
to build budget Riv-like bikes.  Given the reality of our world today
it bummed me out to read that post this morning.  So, sorry if I
offended, I know this is a really polite list and I was not just
trying to start a fight.  That said, I stand by my post and I think
the OP's original comments should have been taken down long before
mine so that I didn't need to say the obvious.  I may not be well
known here as a poster but I have been reading this list (and earlier
versions) for years.  Maybe I just didn't get an inside reference?

Nevertheless, I had an awesome 25 miler on my Quickbeam (green, first
year Toyo build) today that seems to be set up perfect.  And, even
though Indy is a tough bike town, after three years I've managed to
find a great daily ride.  I was reading this morning because I was so
excited to take that ride on a beautiful spring day in the middle
west.  I didn't mean to offend, but I did intend to comment.  If you
don't want to post this let me know and I'll remove myself from this
list.

swen