OK, since we're off topic anyway, which companies/individual framebuilders
can be compared with which classic rock bands/musicians? Here's a couple of
attempts:

Riv> Grateful Dead: fanatically loyal fanbase, plus lots of people who just
don't get it maaaaan.
Surly> Fleetwood Mac. Tend to get dismissed as lightweight pop, but did
some innovative stuff in their time.
Bruce Gordon> John Lydon. Bit scary, tends to rub people up the wrong way,
but a major influence.
Crust> David Bowie. Flirting with all kinds of different identities. A bit
erratic but always good quality.

Johnny in Belgium