I can't comment on personal experience, but I can do Math (sometimes)!

Overall contact patch will be bigger for a 29xY" compared to 27.5xY" and
26xY" (exact numbers are tricky, but assuming same properties of tires
you're looking at about 5% greater area between each wheel size) allowing
for a greater surface area to apply the same load and thus stressing the
soil less...and you'll have just a smidge more volume (5% from 29xY vs
27.5xY and again from 27.5xY to 26xY).

Also entirely depends on the type of sand, though. So one persons sand in
an old river channel in the desert on the west coast is going to be very
different than someone's sand up in the mountains in the mid west or east
coast.

Cheers,
Collin, it always depends, in Sacramento.