On some parts it's hard to know how light it is possible to go without
having problems. The wheels I bought for the Roadini have Velocity Race
hubs, which are definitely thinner looking than the 105's on another bike.
They must have smaller bearings as well as thinner metal at least in some
places. I weigh 130 and don't carry a load, ride mostly on pavement, so I
can most likely get away with it, but only experience will tell. I want
wheels that don't need maintenance and will last a long time, Frame and
seat post I'm pretty sure I could go lighter but light production frames
are hard if not impossible to find and the Roadini has a seat post size
that is hard to find in lighter models. Tires I had too many flats and had
to take the Compass extralights off the back.
Linda