Eric - It was an early production color, err, finish to my knowledge - not
that there were many built with any one finish based on production numbers
and variety of colors they came in! This is all stuff I've learned in the
past six months though and my Bomba-knowledge is barely paint-deep, because
in 2009 when this bike was built I was too annoyed by the lack of geometry
info to consider a Rivendell and stuck to my Surlys, Somas and Salsas of
the era haha