In his initial post to start this thread, Bill said, "My Sam Hillborne is
freaking perfect, and there is no question in my mind that if I had to downsize
from 16 bikes to 1, the Hillborne would be the one I'd keep."

I'm really rather surprised to hear you say that Bill, especially since you've
got an Ebisu All-Purpose bike. Could you please expound on the reason(s) that,
for you, makes your Hillborne better than the Ebisu?

On a tangential note, if you ever find yourself in a pickle and have to scale
down to N, I call first dibs on the Ebisu!  :)

~Mark
Raleigh, NC