Thanks for the suggestions Michael.

VO vs. Paul - I can make the difference of $30 for a Sunrace thumbie vs. 2
VO shifter mounts for $70.  But $68 for a single Paul shifter mount is too
steep for my commuter Cheviot. The VO seems to be a sweet spot in the
middle of the price range and nice silver at that.

Cable Pull Modifier: honestly, I didn't try it on this thumbie, but I
needed added cable pull on A Microshift 9 speed bar end shifter so I
figured I'd need it for this as well. I didn't get a jtek for that bar end
shifter, I just installed a brass strip that's about 1mm thick and curved
it around that cable guide of the shift lever to add to the cable pull
ratio.  I'll try the SRAM GX 10 speed derailer without the cable pull
modifier and report back!

Anyone else have specific experience with the VO shift mounts working in
this setup?

Take care,
Abe