On Mon, Oct 11, 2021, 1:49 PM Ben Mihovk <bjmih...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's my Atlantis in its second home, my classroom! It's a 2019 MIT frame
> that I purchased with a very standard build up from Rivendell about a year
> ago.

Ben,

Great looking Atlantis.

>    - 59cm
>    - Choco bars with an amateurishly wrap and twine job, shellac'd cork
>    grips
>    - Microshift thumbies in the flipped Riv style working a Deore M591 in
>    the rear and IRD Sub-C on the front
>    - Clipper wide/low 42/26 with 11-32 cassette
>    - Wheels are the standard Rivendell Atlas design built by Velocity
>    with 42mm Shikoros
>    - SKS P50sBen
>
> I love my Choco bars, I've toyed with wrapping them like you have in the
curves but I love the polished aluminum. By the way it doesn't look that
amateurish to me, looks great!

I know nothing about these Shikoro's, I presume they are from Japan?

What is a clipper wide low? I know it's a crank set but I've never heard of
the clipper brand?

Regarding the Deore M591, is 32 it's max cog? Or can it go to 36?

> I've added...
>
>    - The cheap (and very light!) rear rack
>    - Mark's rack
>    - Fun green valve caps
>    - Yokozuna salmon brake pads
>    - Iris bottle cage
>    - X-Small saddle bag up front carries flat fix stuff and trail passes
>    - Slimsucker is laptop, books, layers, etc...
>

> What I'm thinking about doing...
>
>    - Changing out the SV19 with the SV17...I'm not a weight weenie, but
>    the bike would drop a half pound just with different tubes
>    -
>
> I went tubeless, never looking back.

>    - I love the Shikoros...no punctures on over a year of commuting on
>    city streets. I might try an endurance casing RH or the Supple Vitesse EX
>    next, though...
>
> I'm personally going with the RH 27.5″ x 2.2″ (650B x 55) Umtanum Ridge TC
Tire with endurance casing on my dirt centric Atlantis.

>    - Toying with converting to drops, but I can't find a shifting
>    solution I like as much as what I have...I don't like the look of bar end
>    shifters, I like the stem.
>
> https://www.gevenalle.com/product/audax/

This is an option.

Ben Thanks for sharing your Atlantis, I really appreciate the build,
remember to let us see your changes and what led you to make them and
whether they worked to your satisfaction?

Best Regards,

Hugh in LA