These are the SunRace one-at-a-time shifters, so not really indexing.  The
GX derailer was originally paired with Shimano bar-ends and a Jtek pull
modifier when I had the bike set up with drops.  I purchased it all from
Analog with advice from James.  When I moved to the Jones H-Loop, I swapped
the SunRace shifters into the system without the pull modifier to see if it
would work.  Surprisingly it did so I rode with those for the past nine
months or so.   I would never have tried the GX with a nine speed shifter
had it not been for Analog.