If the head badge was put on upside down right from Rivendell, I personally
would keep it that way. I find such accidental anomalies charming and
perhaps even a good luck talisman.

I have to say I really appreciate the sage green paint. Congratulations on
the new purchase.

In terms of the cables - just inspect for any frayed or broken strands.
But, if all looks good and all cables operate smoothly, there's probably no
need to change them. If you do decide to change them anyway, I would
recommend teflon coated ones. They glide nicely and only cost a little
extra.

IanA Alberta Canada