Nice review. I too have agonized over seatposts. I like Brooks saddles enough
to be afraid to invest $150+ in something with longer rails (Selle Anatomica
for example: intrigued, but frugal).
Getting behind the seat matters to me in ways lengthening the stem doesn’t
address. I have a bad knee/leg, and it has to extend just so or it flares up
for weeks. Getting my seat back helps that leg.
I accomplished this with a Thompson layback post, on one bike, but I like the
flexibility of the straight post on this since it’ll fit a taller frame with
lower post.
I do wish there were more options in way back/layback/setback posts too.
Keep us updated on how you like this one.