Grant's been talking about the double top tube Sam for a while.  I
don't think you'll have a problem of it blurring the lines with a
bombadil--it'll still be made out of lighter tubing, and still have
country bike clearances and geometry.   They might look similar, but
in the grand scheme of things, rivendells have never been diverse in
their aesthetics, have they?

The idea of a double-top tube Sam is growing on me, for sure.  I think
i've been watching too much of those videos with the Hunqa-protos, but
the truth is the clearances and stoutness of the hunqa or bomba would
be overkill for the type of riding i do.  A DTT sam would be perfect,
though.  Especially if it's waterford made.