I don't get the two top tube thing.  I ride the 56 Sam and putting two
top tubes on it seems like it would take an elegant design and turn it
into a five-legged chair.  I understand the strength argument, just
can't see why it would be necessary.  This bike's already pretty
stout. I also wonder why Rivendell would dilute the successful brand
associated with the Sam with essentially three different bikes--the
original canti version, the side-pull version, and a mutant
Samapillar.

D.G.