Thank you Joe. My hunch is that you are right. All Rivendell bikes are
multi-functional with the right components. I pulled the 2.2 tire size out
of my head so that it would become a non-factor when making the comparison.
I thought it was the largest Platypus could handle without fenders. Still
curious to hear about ride quality from real world experience. Anyone
riding a Susie for an afternoon over pavement? Or picking their Platypus
for off-road trails?