Thanks, Sean; those are more than very nice, they would be perfect, except
that I would worry that the hook + bungee attachment system wouldn't allow
me to offset the bag sufficiently on the (much modified) Tubus Fly rack. I
actually like this simple, old-fashioned system, but but I wonder if it
would let me offset the bags sufficiently to clear the heels of my size 10
American Freedom Units shoes. (Note! I do not sneer at American Freedom
Units of any sort, just the kneejerk nomenclature. I am conservative, but I
believe I'm not stupid. I am also flippant and like to quote BSNYC.)

The bike to carry these does have chainstays at least 45 cm from center of
bb to mid-dropout; still, I had to offset the Backrollers pretty severely
to avoid heel-clip.

Can anyone comment on the matter above?