I agree- a very interesting discussion. Regarding my hub, it spins
beautifully and so I'll live with the quirky radial bearing play. Out of
curiosity, the bearings are ABEC 6902. Does this mean if I wanted one day
to replace them with angular bearings I would go with 7902s? Seems logical,
but until yesterday I had no idea bearings came in other flavors.

On a side note, I have some 25-year-old Chris King hubs that run
beautifully with no play. Would these contain angular bearings or just
really good radial bearings like the Phils?

Cheers,
John