I owned a Roadini for a relatively short time before selling it to someone
on this list, I believe. I liked the aesthetics a lot, but did find it on
the sluggish side and have other bikes that fit the “country bike” theme
that I found myself riding instead. Previous to that, I owned a Romulus,
which saw many miles and lots of brevet riding, but also was always a bit
on the sluggish side, particularly when climbing. Still, it was a really
comfortable rig, and well suited to distance riding as long as the hills
weren’t too brutal. I sold that once I got a Black Mountain Road, which
checks all of the boxes for me: great fit, room for 35mm tires, great
climber, planes like the dickens, super comfortable and versatile. So no
I’m Riv-less (even sold my ‘94 RB-T!), but I enjoy reading this list.

Neal Lerner
Brookline MA USA